Pamlico County High School Career Development
What does a Career Development Coordinator do?
- Promote career awareness, exploration & planning.
- Provide career development as well as occupational, labor market, nontraditional career and postsecondary information.
- Assist students with selection of appropriate academic and CTE courses.
- Coordinate career planning activities in classrooms, small groups or individual sessions.
- Provide and coordinate administration and interpretation of career inventories and assessments.
- Provide information on AND assist students with postsecondary educational programs and employment opportunities.
- Facilitate work-based learning opportunities.
- Provide and coordinate activities for students to develop employability skills.
- Promote the integration of career research and work-based learning opportunities into CTE and academic courses.
- Promote the use of technology for career planning and research.
- Serve as a liaison with the business, industry, education and military community.
- Publicize partnership resources.
- Grow professionally in order to keep up with a rapidly changing workforce!